Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Buddha belly of love



"Sometimes, you're just gonna look like Buddha."

This is a truth that I have more or less come to terms with over the years. I mean, if you don't want to look like Buddha (and you are pre-disposed to having more of an "apple" than a "pear" shape,) then one must accept that this entails a lot of un-fun stuff like early morning workouts and, ironically, eating lots of apples.

So naturally, being a normal person who likes sandwiches and ice cream and yummy lattes, and dislikes working out early so as to get a work out in before class...I am going to have to live with a little sac of joy in my midsection. No, not that kind of sac of joy. Many may incorrectly think there is an embryo embedded deep within my buddha belly of love, but this is not the case.

Occasionally though, I am caught off guard by the buddha belly. When wearing certain tops, it can look more pronounced than usual. Sometimes I will just stare at it and begin to wonder if there really is something in there. But then I conclude that it's just those darn simple carbohydrates. I mean, you think they are simple, then you go clothes shopping and pretty soon it all gets quite complicated.

Demi Moore doesn't ever look at her Buddha belly, that much I know. It's like me, Oprah, and Britney Spears.

No comments:

Post a Comment